On reading this article’s title, I trust that you have heard a thing or two about the keyword and that already sent you a message. Here is me going to tell you exactly what it is.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS-CoV), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome(SARS-CoV), a novel coronavirus(nCoV) etc.
Coronaviruses are transmitted between animals and people. Several other coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans. The virus has reportedly been transmitted from person-to-person.
Common Symptoms of Coronavirus Infection
– Respiratory system disorder
– Shortness of breath
– Breathing difficulties
Very severe cases, we have:
– Severe acute respiration
– Kidney failure
As of 2nd March, the outbreak of the disease has spread to over 30 countries of the world and affected over 90,000 persons globally. Presently, statistics revealed that 34,104 persons are in mild condition while 7,398 are in critical condition of this infection. 45,705 persons have been recovered and discharged while 3,087 are recorded dead. There is currently no vaccine for the new coronavirus. In addition, Older persons have a high tendency of contracting the virus as they usually have respiratory issues and low immunity rate while younger people have few cases of records because of high immunity rate. Many of the death records were people already in poor health.
Recommendation Against Further Spread of Coronavirus
– Regular handwashing
– Proper nose covering when coughing and sneezing
– Thoroughly cook meat and eggs before eating.
– Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
– If you have recently travelled to or returned from a country or area affected by the virus and cane back showing those symptoms. Kindly stay indoors and report yourself for proper medical attention.